Did you know???
- Premier Gladys Berejiklian – Keynote speaker at Western Sydney Awards for Business Excellence (WSABE) – a Parramatta Chamber event (over 550 in attendance)
- Met with the Minister of Transport, Andrew Constance
- Hosted the Deputy Premier, John Barilaro, at a community forum
- Jenny Aitchison, Shadow Minister for Small Business – speaker at WSABE Gala
- Stuart Ayres MP, Minister for Western Sydney – Keynote speaker at State of the City address
- Matt Kean, Minister for Innovation – keynote speaker/presenter WSABE finalist recognition
- Julie Owens MP, Federal Member Parramatta – Keynote speaker WSABE Launch
- Held 11 Business after Fives (Total attendees more than 1700)
- Meet the candidates for City of Parramatta council elections hosted by Parramatta Chamber
- Listened to our members through community forums on Education and the Retail Industry
- Lodged an official submission on the Parramatta Light rail
- Lodged an official submission on Night trading in Parramatta
- Lobbied for a Trade High school in Parramatta to assist our youth
- Hosted work placement for HSC students
- Met monthly with the council administrator then the Lord Mayor and Council staff to discuss and lobby issues of concern to the business Community
- Raised and donated $10,000 to Heartkids
- Hosted 4 Business Before Nine events in conjunction with The University of New England as information sessions for members
- Has 4 active eNRGy (Network Referral Groups) in place
- Aligned with NSW Business Chamber to offer additional benefits to our members at no cost
What Chamber Does
- Be HEARD
- Be SEEN
- Be INVOLVED
- Be INFORMED
- Be CONNECTED
Produced monthly, provides information and updates relevant to the business community.
Posted to all Gold and Priority Members, distributed at monthly Business After Five and emailed to all members and representatives. Click here to subscribe >
Parramatta Chamber's website is an ongoing tool for our business community and members to enable them to acquire the latest and most up to date information in regards to doing business in Greater Western Sydney. Chamber's new interactive website going live on 5th April 2016. Members will manage their own page.
Sponsorship and advertising packages are available to meet the needs of all business. Please contact Romina Bousimon for options.
Review and lobbying in regards to city development plans.
Working with Local Council and Government to ensure the City's Masterplan is maintained (Monthly meeting with Lord Mayor and chamber economic planning).
Awards: Western Sydney Awards for Business Excellence: Steve Reynolds
Business After Five: Lois Qiu
Business Before Nine: James Brennan
eNRGy: Radlee Moller
Business Helping Hands:
Business Helping Hands was established in 2005 and with the assistance and contribution of Parramatta based businesses and their employees, has enabled the Chamber to provide donations of food and beverages and volunteers for various activities, such as the Christmas BBQ Lunch for the homeless held each year at the Parramatta Mission and now has been extended to cover all the Chamber's charitable activities.
Contact: Louise Zajac
Charity Golf Day:
Held in May each year. Proceeds from the Golf Day are donated to a different charity each year - the focus being on charities based in Western Sydney.
Contact: Gary Carter
Christmas BBQ for the Homeless: Held in December each year at Parramatta Mission's Meal's Plus. Chamber co-ordinates businesses throughout the area to donate food and drink and helping hands on the day.
Contact: Chamber Office
Through alliance with a number of business information providers including NSW Business Chamber, Parramatta Chamber provides our members with a range of essential business tools, seminars and advisory services to ensure they are able to stay abreast of the latest regulations and business practices. Members are able to opt in to limited services of the NSW Business Chamber at no cost.
Parramatta City Council: Michael Mekhitarian
Parramatta Economic Development Partnership: Michael Mekhitarian
NSW Business Chamber: Louise Zajac