We are still trying to dust ourselves off from the year that was. 2021 comprised of unprecedented, relentless challenges that forced everyone to reassess, re-evaluate and rejuvenate in order to function.
We had to dig deep to see light but even amongst the darkest times, there were some remarkable stories shared about community spirit and a sense of belonging by staying connected and supporting each other.
We hope Parramatta Chamber of Commerce played our part on shining some light and keeping spirits up with our wonderful business community.
This is the year that was...
Despite all the challenges in 2021, Parramatta Chamber of Commerce pivoted and re-pivoted to continue to proudly deliver the following networking opportunities and major events in order for businesses to stay connected, make new connections and continue to support each other.
We are in the face to face business, so although zoom played a crucial role in the past two years, every opportunity we had to host face to face events and activities, we pounced.
Hosted the Annual State of the City Address at CommBank Stadium with over 250 guests in attendance. Theme was The Headquarters – Parramatta Global City with Keynote Speaker The Hon. Matt Kean MP, Treasurer, Minister for Energy and Environment.
- Culture & Wellbeing event was held at Parramatta Parklands with a traditional Aboriginal smoking ceremony to welcome the new year.
- March Business After 5 event hosted by Australian Investigation Security Management (A.I.S.M)
- 4 x Future of Business Breakfast Forums, covering diverse topics with guest speakers including International Women's Day and The Federal Budget Review.
- 170 NRG networking referral group meetings.
- Monthly e-newsletter keeping the business community informed and updated.
- April Business After 5 event hosted by The Kings School.
- Charity Golf Day was held at Oatlands Golf Club, raising $10,000 for Michael Hughes Foundation.
- June Business After 5 event hosted by Business Western Sydney at Parramatta Square Business and Events Centre.
- Raised funds for Children's Medical Research Institute (C.M.R.I) for Jeans for Genes Day.
- Delivered WSABE Virtual Finalist Celebration with Keynote Speaker The Hon. Damien Tudehope MP, Minister for Finance and Small Business.
- Quarterly New Member zooms keeping members engaged and connected.
- 4 x LIVEitLIVE webinars covering R U OK DAY and Growing Business Through Social Media.
- Launched and led the StoptoShop Parramatta Marketing campaign supported by Commonwealth Bank across the 12 LGA hotspots hardest hit.
- Introduced a Parramatta Chamber Student Membership tier to link students and future leaders to Industry.
- Hosted 'Meet the Candidates' forum, was held at Crown Hotel to give members the opportunity to meet their future councillors.
- Successfully delivered an exceptional 31st Annual WSABE Gala evening with over 650 guests in attendance. Theme was Back in Black with a touch of Gold – celebrating hope and resilience.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR MAILING LIST