Director | Business Space
Commercial Property Matters - CPM
Western Sydney & Sydney Office Markets
ROLE & Responsibilities
As a Director in charge of Commercial property Matters (CPM), John’s main focus is to work with major institutional and individual clients in assisting, facilitating and coordinating all property services lines for clientele property portfolios in Sydney & Western Sydney.
John has 20 years’ experience mainly with institutional / international property companies; Chesterton International, Knight Frank, Cushman & Wakefield. During this period of time John has been responsible for various transactions both in commercial and industrial properties. He has gained a wealth of experience in all aspects of property sales & office leasing. This includes Lessee / Lessor liaison, lease renegotiations, rent review negotiations, marketing strategies and initiatives (sales & Leasing) and property disposals strategies.
John Started his property career with Chesterton International after graduating from University of Technology, Sydney in Land Economics. After 18 months, Knight Frank called with an opportunity and from 2001 remaining at this firm until May 2013. Over this 12 year period at Knight Frank, John had risen through the ranks from Leasing Negotiator to Director of Commercial, Parramatta and Western Sydney.
As the Director of Commercial - Parramatta, John’s key responsibilities were major office leasing project work in the Parramatta CBD including 27 Argyle Street, 110 George St ‘Octagon’, 2 Fitzwilliam Street and 45 Macquarie Street, Parramatta.
John was awarded the 2006 HOA Gorman Award for Excellence resulting from his commitment to Office Leasing and Knight Frank.
John opened Cushman & Wakefield offices in Parramatta as part of their expansion into Australia. This experience allowed John to go out on his own to form Commercial Property Matters (CPM) as an all-inclusive property services company with affiliations with other small businesses to provide agile property services that are unbiased, honest, and cost effective.
John strengths, responsibilities and role include:-
- Specialising & experience in major project work (sales and leasing) across all major Western Sydney office & Industrial markets.
- Strong relationships with NSW Government, Leasing Services & Tenant advocates
- 15 + years office leasing experience in the Parramatta CBD & other major suburban markets (Epping / Macquarie Park / Rhodes / Sydney Olympic Park/ Ashfield / Burwood / Bankstown)
- Source & identify property/s for clients with specific mandates
- Maintain and create rapport with clients to ensure desired property outcomes are achieved
- Provide a platform of inclusion for other agents to invite them in the process and introduce prospective tenants to current vacancies,
- Regularity make conduct with agents and tenant advocates alike to ensure current vacancies are given due attention,
- Liaise with other agents with regard to inspections, leasing proposals or other queries and provide the owner with recommendations associated with the leasing proposals to prospective tenants
- Ensure properties are presented well and facilitate market awareness not be familiar with the property or the benefits it offers. Therefore, it will be important to correctly brand the property in the marketplace and demonstrate to prospective tenants, why they should include the property in their list of preferred options
- Our marketing strategy will be built around identifying the target market and preparing a list of target contacts.